Skip to main

Chaplaincy at home

Are you looking for someone to connect with? Maybe you want a listening ear or prayer support? Regardless of your faith or background, we would love to help!

Meet with a pastoral carer in the comfort of your own home. Or if you prefer, we can also catch up with you over the phone.

Norma and Basma

Basma visits Norma every week. Norma certainly loves a chat! Sometimes they’ll do a devotion, other times they talk about her feelings. One day Norma opened up to Basma saying that whilst she’s not afraid of dying, she really hopes that she will pass without suffering. Together they prayed about her concerns. Then Basma played Norma’s favourite hymn, What a friend we have in Jesus. Norma’s face lit up as she sang, joy and peace replacing her fear.

Christine and Sam

Christine has just moved into a new home to live closer to her daughter. She was in a new and unfamiliar community and hadn’t made many new friends. But she had made an instant connection with Sam, her pastoral carer. She told Sam all about her life, and they prayer together. On Sam’s way out, she reached out to hold his hand and said, “Sam, I am so happy to have you as my friend”.

Amber and John

Two days before Christmas, Amber received a distressing call from John. He’d fallen earlier and had to call 000 for assistance. The fire rescue crew had forced open his door, damaging the lock. John had since tried to contact Housing NSW to get it fixed but wasn’t able to get through, so Amber told John she would try to contact them on his behalf.

She prayed to God that she would be able to contact to someone. Not too long afterwards she managed to speak to a staff member who arranged for the door to be fixed that evening. John was so surprised. Amber told him, “I was praying to God whilst I was on hold”. John replied, “Maybe I should start talking to him!”

Anglicare acknowledges Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples as the original and ongoing custodians of the lands and waters on which we live and work.

Inspired by the gospel of reconciliation in Jesus Christ, Anglicare's vision for reconciliation is a nation in which Australia's First Peoples are restored in dignity, respect, empowerment and opportunity.